When: Tuesday, February 26 at 7:00pm
Where: Modern Fuel (map)
A video programme by SAW Video Media Art Centre.
Public Domain originated as a video commissioning project of SAW Video, a media-art
centre located in Ottawa. In 2009, seven artists were selected from a national
call for proposals to create videos drawn from archival films and photographs held in
the collection of Library and Archives Canada. Over the course of a year, SAW Video
assisted the artists with the process of researching and collecting materials for use in
their work. The completed commissioning project premiered in Ottawa on June 24,
2010, and has toured to a number of venues across Canada, the USA, and the
UK in 2011-13.
• Sara Angelucci (Toronto) – The Beauty Pageant News (9 min.)
• Maureen Bradley (Victoria) – Beyond the Pale (16 min.)
• Gennaro de Pasquale (Montreal) – Vortex (12 min.)
• Steve Reinke (Chicago/Toronto) – Not Torn (Asunder from the Very Start) (10 min.)
• Ryan Stec & Véronique Couillard (Ottawa) – Library and Archives Canada Public Domain
Reels Documenting Spots of Beauty and Interest in Ontario and Quebec Sometime
Ago Remixed Today (VCRS): 1975 2010 (3 min.)
• Suzan Vachon (Montreal) – chant [dans les muscules du chant] (23 min.)
Christopher Rohde (Programmer, SAW Video) will be in
For more information visit Modern Fuel’s website.